Diesel Fixed

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Well, I took the 93 F-250 to Antrim Diesel, They replaced all fluids, did compression check, replaced all Injectors, and replaced a lifter on the drivers side. They said its running great and has alot of power..... then the shocker.... the bill :eek: ...alot higher than i thought, i had saved up a couple weeks for it, and the mechanic, when i asked him he couldnt give me an idea so i was kinda clueless going into it, so now i know, diesel repair is $$$$ i have to really, really, really have to start reading all these posts so i know what i am doing so i can work on it and save some money! I guess the toyota has me spoiled in 192,000 miles i have changed the oil, plugs,wires, tires and the clutch, thats it.... but i still and will always love ford trucks, no matter what!!;Sweet

Savin $$$$ so i can go pick my truck up!:angel:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel shops are specialized...specialization means they can charge higher labor rates and they do. The typical shop around here charges about 50-65 bucks/hr for labor, but the diesel shops are all in the 70-80 per hour range. Especially since this sin't your daily driver and you don't have to have it, I'd treat it as a learning tool and do the work myself from your knowledge gleaned from the net and from teh shop manuals. WhenI started with mine, I was barely mechanically handy, now I'm competent in some things and still ignorant in others but am usually able to keep her rolling. Sorry to hear about the big bill, but at least its done..

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Stick around here and we'll spend some of your money too.:D
Welcome to OB!;Sweet

Glad ya got it running.

pafixitman

Reaction score
$200 for injectors, $65 for valley pan gasket, $20 for valve cover gasket, $10 for lifter, $35 for return line kit. That is you finding the parts. About 8 hours is my guess on labor. As for your bill, my guess is $1900. How close am I?

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
Thats a good guess, but your about a little more than $500 over what it cost me, the labor is definately where it costs the most..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the lifter that really hurt you.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was the lifter that really hurt you.

Have to agree that was the most time consuming job.

If you need to know how to do anything on your truck just ask here you get plenty of help. You may get a smart*@* comment but you will get alot of help too;Sweet

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$200 for injectors, $65 for valley pan gasket, $20 for valve cover gasket, $10 for lifter, $35 for return line kit. That is you finding the parts. About 8 hours is my guess on labor. As for your bill, my guess is $1900. How close am I?

JOE- You know those prices first hand don't you?:eek:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Twice even!!! :rotflmao :backoff :puke:

Yep, I resemble that comment! :rotflmao The good news? No, the truck is not done, yes the Explorer got backed into by a tractor trailer on my most recent TN trip...but...EZ will be up Wednesday to help clean up the living room! (AKA help put my truck together :thumbsup: :hail )

Actually my hinting for an idea of what Brad paid helps make the wait worth while. I don't have free time, but I have even less cash!