Diesel F-Super Duty - F450's!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and case in point.look what else came up only when using the technical name "f-super duty"

1992 Ford F Super Duty Boom Truck 7.3L w/ Stake Bed - $1700 (Mt Vernon)

You must be registered for see images

http://newyork.craigslist.org/wch/cto/5373211700.html

a guys got to think that boom is worth more than his asking price once fixed.then ya get a f450 with diesel engine a 4wd zf5 and a dang nice bed to boot.holy crap what a deal.this one wont be around long.

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1990 F450 7.3na ZF5. 149k on the odo. blown rear.
$200
it belongs to me now. :D
yes, I am pulling it apart :D

Attachments

• P1040898.JPG
    P1040898.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 18
  • P1040897.JPG
    P1040897.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 16
  • P1040896.JPG
    P1040896.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 17

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1990 F450 7.3na ZF5. 149k on the odo. blown rear.
$200
it belongs to me now. :D
yes, I am pulling it apart :D

Calvin, you have to part that truck in California due to the GVW correct? Makes it pretty tempting to take an F250 chassis and put all the SD parts on it. Kind of a poor man's F450, but OK for California registration ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, you have to part that truck in California due to the GVW correct? Makes it pretty tempting to take an F250 chassis and put all the SD parts on it. Kind of a poor man's F450, but OK for California registration ;Sweet
I am parting the truck due to no need to keep it on the road. I am quite sure the next governor coming into office is not small business friendly compared to the current one. As of right now, these still can get title transfer and registration from kali DMV. Still, I need the parts more than I need a truck.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's one with the rare 4.30 limited slip diff.one of only two iv seen with axle code G3.
fixable (i should say,worthy of fixing) more than likely:

1997 Ford F-SuperDuty Dump Truck - 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel - Only 13,490 Miles !
1997 Ford Super Duty Dump Truck
(15,000lbs GVWR, F450 equivalent)

*No Reserve* Auction - Staring at just 99 cents! Highest bidder gets it.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-450-XL-/161931628622

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's one with the rare 4.30 limited slip diff.one of only two iv seen with axle code G3.
fixable (i should say,worthy of fixing) more than likely:

1997 Ford F-SuperDuty Dump Truck - 7.3 Powerstroke Diesel - Only 13,490 Miles !
1997 Ford Super Duty Dump Truck
(15,000lbs GVWR, F450 equivalent)

*No Reserve* Auction - Staring at just 99 cents! Highest bidder gets it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F-450-XL-/161931628622

I'll be interested to see what this goes for :popcorn

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford F450 Super Duty Diesel with Rugby Aluminum Dump - 7.3 IDI F 450 - $10000 (Foxboro)

air seats!?

lol @ 4.10 gearing.little does he know,those would be high gears compared to what he's got.;)

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5367302468.html

SearchTempest missed this one.i was just looking locally on CL and it showed this one nearby.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1992 ford f450 with plow - $5000 (Raynham)

https://boston.craigslist.org/sob/cto/5344001666.html

SearchTempest missed this one.i was just looking locally on CL and it showed this one nearby.
tried adding in "7.3l" along with "diesel" but i can't seem to force SearchTempest to find these last two.
goes to show ya,you should always check locally directly in CL when looking for a rig as well.so remember to search "f-super duty" "f-450" SearchTempest and CL directly to really dig in to find all deals.

Last edited:

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the difference in performance, cost, and fuel mileage for a Super Duty vs a F350 in a non-commercial setting? For a truck that will only be occasionally used, the prices for some of these are getting close or equal to a traditional 250/350 setup.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the difference in performance, cost, and fuel mileage for a Super Duty vs a F350 in a non-commercial setting? For a truck that will only be occasionally used, the prices for some of these are getting close or equal to a traditional 250/350 setup.

imho,you don't want one of these trucks.you should only need them.with that said,if you have a need for one,you truly do want them too.:D

just like a truck with 460/c6 combo.some of these are very cheap trucks to buy (especially with the 460) however they are very expensive to operate.

just like the f-450's.you can find good deals and since they are all 2wd (from the factory.the 4wd conversions are extremely rare) they are generally mostly very clean trucks due to being put up in the winter (save for some with heavy dumps/sanders/plow setups) so it could be tempting.

keep in mind due to the very low rear axle ratios and very stiff suspension,these trucks make for very,very poor "pickups" due to the mpg nearing close to that of a 460 pickup and very firm ride (save for those like mine,which actually ride nicer than a 4wd pickup due to it's custom stretch.but it's so long,it's not something you want to just hop in for for a joy ride in.) so id steer clear of them if your not looking for a heavy hauler or tow rig.your just not going to enjoy it as if you will a pickup truck.

another very important thing to look into is the way your state tags them.they may force you to pay more by requiring you to pay for a commercial plate (such as in Maine.)
same goes for your insurance provider.if you call them and ask,in most cases you'll probably see commercial policy will be the only option even if you claim to use it for personal use.so this could also be more expensive.

if you look into it with your state and insurance provider and see it's not much hassle/difference in cost,you don't plan on driving it on the hwy over 45-50 and or don't plan on driving it much where compared to if you drove a pickup so therefore it doesn't make much difference if you kill your kidneys from time to time on a dump run,then yeah i suppose.......even then though,the deal on the rig would really have to make it worthwhile.ideally these rigs should be left to those who can make use them.

for those who can make use of them,they are awesome! you can put weight on these,like no f350 could handle,no matter how much spring you add.
with the hd load rating axle,the frame,the hydroboost brakes with disc brakes on all for corners (not the silly little car calipers used on some sterling 10.25 kits mind you,but really large truck calipers) they not only take the weight good but they handle it and stop it sooooo nicely.you can really tell you've got a lot of tool for the job when you use one of these.i love mine right to no end.

hope this helps you in making a more informed decision.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7