Diesel F-Super Duty - F450's!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking for a heavy hauling work horse? here are some nice deals on f450's.;Sweet

The F-Super Duty 1987-97 (the original super duty prior to '99 pickups) was introduced to bridge the gap from the F350 to medium duty trucks. It was a commercial cab & chassis 2WD dually only optioned truck.They came with 460 gas engines all through the production run, with the optional 7.3l idi diesel engine from introduction through '94,then the optional 7.3l di (power stroke) diesel from '94.5 - '97.
Known at the time as the "One Ton Plus." It sports a HD frame,the hydroboost brake system w/ 4 wheel disc brakes.Though they are 2WD trucks,they are equipped with 4WD transmissions but,rather than a transfer case,they come with a drive line emergency/parking brake. A HD dana 80 rear axle that came from ford with gear ratio options intended for two purposes; heavy hauling & towing.They came in various wheelbase lengths with up to a 15,000 LB GVWR.It's widely known as the F-450 equivalent with many auto stores listing parts under either name.
These trucks are easy to spot with their pickup size cabs,yet unique F-Super Duty fender emblems & 10 lug wheels.
axle code 72 = 4.63
axle code 73 = 5.13
axle code G3 = 4.30 LS (iv only seen this code a couple times in ads on the door jam.both times the trucks were '97's)

Attachments

• f450.jpg
    f450.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ever seen a cream puff f-super duty before!? .........neither have i.pricey but oh so ****!

this makes me want to get on painting mine up.she'd look just as nice again.love this bed!

1994 ford f450 7.3 diesel 5 speed dump bed - $14500 (Bradenton)

You must be registered for see images

http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/5357117280.html

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are you getting the cl ads from far away? Is there a special link which searches for keywords nationwide? That ri one is nice.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you getting the cl ads from far away? Is there a special link which searches for keywords nationwide? That ri one is nice.

yes! ;Sweet

SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more

look down in the lower right to specify the year.in this case here,i use 87-97 to catch all the f-super duty rigs.im using keyword "f-450"
however when i stumbled upon log truck,she was only listed and only came up under "f-super duty" so keep this in mind when searching for these rigs.i would of missed her had i not searched f-super duty because the seller didn't use f450 in the ad anywhere.

oh yeah,the crew cab w/ gooseneck setup in providence? oh man what a nice setup for a working crew of construction workers.as far as i know there were no crew cab F-SD's.i suspect she's been built using an f350's crewcab,cab.she is probably like log truck (and many of these rigs) with a customized cut/welded frame to fit the cab.someone set her up just right for their use.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online