Diesel core support with air

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok boys, whos' got em.
ABP doesn't carry them, just gassers. I had to hack the snot out of the one in Goldie to get it off the frame. Rusted beyond repair. :puke:
Anyone got a used one floatin round the shop with minimal rust?
I may end up trying to fabricate one from the gasser but not too sure on width and from the looks of the one they ordered for me, there needs to be around 8.5" added to the bottom to accomodate the radiator tank. :puke:

sassyrel

Reaction score
ford???theyve been dropping the prices on some parts lately--think even the obs--( 92-96) diesels will work--

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sassyrel said:
ford???theyve been dropping the prices on some parts lately--think even the obs--( 92-96) diesels will work--
having "been there" in the rad support area recently, the brick and the OBS are not the same. Main difference is in the headlight bucket area.
DDC I have one but have no clue how you are going to be able to swallow the ship on this monster. What we need is another "Old Mister Bill" transport service for this rust free Kali sheetmetal that is being thrown away.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Well,If you come to the Rally I might have the one off the Enterprise.If I can ever get it back from the mechanic I plan on Swapping the Nose off the 84 on to the Enterprise.I like the look on the older ones better than the brick look.Gonna have to cut the Fender lip off the Enterprises old fenders and weld them in the 84 to get rid of that valley.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I check my Mill Supply catalog for you Ron. They only list the "w/o air" diesel rad support in their catalog. They may have it, but it isn't listed. I have a '83-'86 diesel front clip off the project, but it may not work and it also didn't come with air conditioning.

Sorry buddy. :sorry:

Heath

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Checked the LMC catalog, they have the diesel one but without air. Whats the differance between the two?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
GRuss said:
Checked the LMC catalog, they have the diesel one but without air. Whats the differance between the two?

Anyone have a pic of a diesel core support w/o air. I'd use an online parts place to view but no guarantee it's the right one. Maybe a few measurements?
I may end up having to resurrect the rusty old one with some creative patching. Or at least someone's gonna have to. :confused:

Freight,
I have a backup radiator from the E currently in my posession, does it come with garden hose quick disconnects. :rotflmao
Sorry Trav. ;Sweet

I was hoping to have Goldie's debut by then. :eek:
Callin my bluff....SHHHHHH :rolleyes:

I checked the Keystone replacement parts books today at my buddies shop.
Just ga$$ers. :puke:

I am gonna be in Little Creek VA next month for 2 weeks doing my time.
May have to take a weeked and go scavaging if I get some leave time.
Geo look out, might wander yer way. ;Sweet
Wonder if they allow core supports as carry-ons? :rotflmao

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea WHAT IS the difference? I'm soon gonna find out. Putting AC back in the Moosestang is on my to do list, and the 84' core never had AC.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is not the ac. It is the heavy duty cooling package. If you have a short wide radiator the core support is flat on the bottom. The tall rad which is hd and also mostly ac has the step in it, I am doing lots of looking because when I put in the diesel intercooler I must use the narrower rad. The holes are in the core support for the condenser brackets but the cond is not wide enough to go around the rad.The gas and diesel use the same ac condenser. The used market on good core supports is tough because they crack like crazy, I may mod mine with a drop of 1x3 square tubing and call it good.
Just more info ;Really
Russ

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Well with a connection at Ford, the diesel with A/C core support cost over $600.00. :eek: :puke: :puke: :puke:
Only place left to get a new one boys. -cuss
No aftermarket world stuff carries em.
Anyone have a good pic of one. We're gonna try to refab the bottom half....Maybe. :confused:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Yea WHAT IS the difference? I'm soon gonna find out. Putting AC back in the Moosestang is on my to do list, and the 84' core never had AC.

Mel,
Talking with Calvin yesterday, here is the difference. The lower portion of the core support have these tabs as shown in the pic. The no A/C supports don't have these. Easy to stick a tab on there to get a mounting bracket custom fit. ;Sweet
The top mounting holes are alreay there and just need a bolt to run thru for the top 2 mounts.
Sounds easy nuff right. :confused:

Signed.
Desparatly seeking core support.

Attachments

• DSC00081.JPG
    DSC00081.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 26

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's a couple of pics of a AC core support. the red circled parts is the holes for the condensor mount on top.

Attachments

• 04-23-06_1414.jpg
    04-23-06_1414.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 04-23-06_1415.jpg
    04-23-06_1415.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll be fabing my own mounts. No biggie.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

Reaction score
Agnem said:
Guess I'll be fabing my own mounts. No biggie.
Mel,
If'n I can chisel the ones off the scrap core, you can have em.
I found a core support yesterday for $500.00 and is a package deal.
It has a radiator attached to it that's only 2 years old.
I don't really need it as I have a spare from the "E" in the barn already. ;Sweet
Anybody need a good radiator? Make me an offer. ;Really

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
ok,who else has a Vital organs and misc appendages from the Enterprise?Kinda makes me wonder what all is actually out there and where.