Didnt think I would ever hit this point

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After installing my intercooler a few weeks ago, I knew right away my engine could use more fuel. Today I decided to get out the allen wrench and see what happens, well I only got one more flat! My IP is officially maxed out.

When I first bought this truck it was strictly a work truck, never had plans of even putting a turbo on it, I have a hot rod gasser to play with if I want to go fast. For whatever reason I like this old rattling diesel better, now its turboed, intercooled, straight piped, all of that good hillbilly stuff. Whats worse is tomorrow im going to go take a look at another one i found!

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am seeming to have the same exact problem. Except I am in the "since I don't own a diesel any longer" club. But hopefully not for too long

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After installing my intercooler a few weeks ago, I knew right away my engine could use more fuel. Today I decided to get out the allen wrench and see what happens, well I only got one more flat! My IP is officially maxed out.

When I first bought this truck it was strictly a work truck, never had plans of even putting a turbo on it, I have a hot rod gasser to play with if I want to go fast. For whatever reason I like this old rattling diesel better, now its turboed, intercooled, straight piped, all of that good hillbilly stuff. Whats worse is tomorrow im going to go take a look at another one i found!
I feel your pain. I do.
problem is, I can't bear to run garbage fuel through a Moose pump which is the next logical step for my '92 CC. So in the meantime I am driving around a bottomed out stock pump. maybe I will moose it this summer.cookoo
there's no chance in hell I will turbo and IC any of the work trucks tho. they're meant for work and hard work only. I'm already dangerously fast in them already.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Im gonna bring a junkyard turbo and one of my intercoolers and a keg of beer and we will see if I leave with the intercooler and turbo or not (insert mischievious laugh here).

punk

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score

What is the Pyro telling you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radeon1314

Members online

No members online now.