Diamond eye 7.3 idi test mule

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just talked with John at diamond eye's r and d facility, about a 4" obs pipe. ..
He needs a 7.3 idit, so he can prototype a y pipe and 3" dp bolt on kit.
He needs a test mule, will be on the rack around 4 days, the owner will get a free pipe.
He said he is around pendelton ore.
800-636-9950

If someone in the region can spare something decent mostly stock, as they need to see clearances and routing....for r. And d. this could be a great way to bolt on a system.
he would be in production inside of 30 days of the prototype ing..

Last edited:

WisconsinIDI

Reaction score
I just talked with John at diamond eye's r and d facility, about a 4" obs pipe. ..
He needs a test mule, will be on the rack around 4 days, the owner will get a free pipe.
800-636-9950

If someone in the region can spare something decent mostly stock, as they need to see clearances and routing....for r. And d. this could be a great way to bolt on a system.
Russ typ4 has a new crossover pipe available

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
800-636-9950

It would be awesome if someone made a "bolt-on" pipe that eliminated the cast iron "Y"! Wish it was near me, he could have my truck in a minute!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it works out, it’s not easy making my bolt on 3” downpipes in small batches, lots of waste where a larger buisness could sell it a lot cheaper. Thanks for doing the leg work on this!

James1966

Reaction score
800-636-9950

James1966

Reaction score
I wish I was at home in SW Oregon. I would be more than happy to supply my truck for fitting. I have a 84 with a stock 7.3 non-turbo idi that is a strong runner. I want to start upgrading with the exhaust first. I'm in SOCAL for a few weeks tho. Bummer!

Chris Helton

Reaction score
That sounds pretty cool. I just bought the Diamond Eye 4 inch OBS kit, and will be fabbing it up to a 6.9 ATS .088. Should be similar. I think the only thing I will need to do is build an intermediate pipe which adapts the 3 inch down pipe to the 4 inch OBS kit, of which, I was very impressed with the quality. Wish I had a factory 7.3, as I'm just downriver from Pendleton.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I been chipping away at this for some time.
As these guy's have the ability to put this out inside of 3 weeks of design it sounds like we could get a cost effective avenue for keeping these things going.
My A.T.S. 3" d. p. Is clean as is the crossover, I just do not have the want to fab stuff for this rig as I got 2 rock crawlers to suck up my time.
If this spring gives me a free week, I would drag the 5er up there and camp out.
Seriously hoping someone closer could...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online