Delphi injectors

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just put a rebuilt pump on his 6.9 non turbo and is gonna need a new set of injectors too. He is on a budget so we went to ebay to see what we could find. There is a set of delphis and we were wondering if anybody had any feedback on them. They dont have a code stamped on them but the fella that sells them says he used to get his from stanadyne and they quit makin them so he went with delphi and theyre just like a stock replacement. If anybody has any feedback or advice it would be appreciated! Here's the link for the injectors . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130384999715&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Thats what most of us are running, but you want to get them from a seller who will pop test them before you get them to make sure they are all good. It is not unheard of for one to be bad out of the box., even better to get them from Russ here on OB( Type4) who will back the things ;Sweet

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are genuine Delphi's they will have a BB code stamped on them. If not they are counterfeit.

gandalf

Reaction score
I just recently had Russ (Typ4) rebuild my IP and I bought a set of Delphi injectors (code BB) from him. The difference was remarkable. Another problem has cropped up, but that is totally seperate from the IP and the injectors. It turns out that I have a critter farm, with many, many algae living in my fuel system. :puke: That will be worked on, hopefully corrected, next weekend.

If you want new Delphi injectors, code BB, talk with Russ. He has them at a reasonable price, and he pop tests them to be sure they are good, and to be sure they are matched for pop pressure. And, equally important, Russ is a forum member you can trust. For me, that trust is as important as the fact that he sells a guaranteed good product. Be aware, though, Russ is going on vacation in a day or so. I suspect he's not shipping anything until he returns.

Delphi injectors are marked by code. I'll try to insert a picture of mine. There are more pictures in "My Photos".

Attachments

• DSCF7677.jpg
    DSCF7677.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 98

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
I seriously doubt the guy sellin the injectors pop tests them. I called the guy and ask him if they had BB or G or any code at all stamped on them he just said he wasnt sure, he came across as kinda ignorant really. If it was up to me i would buy a set from Russ simply because of the good word everyone puts about him, but in the end its up to my buddy cuz its his money and hes bustin ass to get his truck goin. Thanks everyone so far for the info!

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saving a little money is great, but it sucks when you have to buy another set of injectors because the Ebay set doesn't run right, not saying that will happen, I'm just saying that buying Ebay stuff is a gamble, Russ's stuff isn't.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly if I were going to play ball with ebay injectors, I would get a set of remans from Pensacola Diesel. Why? Because as mentioned you are taking a chance and they have the cheapest remans going. If you want a little insurance, take the new injectors to a local injection shop that will pop test them for you. This service should be free or cheap, if they want very much money don't go there. I think Russ's stuff is probably the best but with him going out of town and your friend wanting to get the thing done asap, that might not be the best option for you. Pensacola has mixed reviews here just so you know but at least they do know what a BB code is and what a G code is. By the way you want the BB codes unless you have a factory turbo spec pump on your friend's truck.

idi traveler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want to stir the pot here but, the G code injectors are on the turbo engines because they are emissions injectors. you don't want them! even if you have a turbo go with the BB code, you wont be sorry. I have a 93 turbo 7.3 factory and took G's out and put BB's back in that had been given to me by a friend. He had gotten them from an auction where a parts store was going out of business, as part of a lot and they are Delph'is. I love the.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I run a Moose pump and a set of BB codes from Russ. They outproform the G codes I had by leaps and bounds. I will never run a set of G codes again.

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
Where we live there's not anybody within an hour and a half to two hours around us that tests injectors so getting a set from Russ that is guaranteed is what im gonna try and convince my buddy to do. As much good as everyone talks about him and the injectors i figure we cant go wrong with that choice! Thanks again everyone so far for the advice!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a set of Delphi injectors a couple of years ago from Oregon Fuel Injectors, two of them went bad after about 800 miles and filled my crankcase with about two gallons of fuel. http://www.o-f-i.com/

7.3 L IDI Ford ( B, BB, C or D code ) *NEW* Diesel Fuel Injectors, fits 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 OEM# 2C3Z9VE527ERM, 2C3Z9VE527FRM 991612C91 6760301 $29.70

Best get them from Russ if you can wait til he gets back from merry ole England.
Maybe wait a day or two, after he sobbers up from that Scotch.:rotflmao

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
not to hijack the thread or anything but im doing a full engine build and when i took my injectors out i noticed i had 6 bb code 1 c code and 1 d code injector..can this effect anything? if it does im going to pick up injectors from russ.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online