Delphi Injectors

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno There's a set of new injectors on E-Bay for less than $20 a piece. They're from Pensecola Diesel and the picture shows Delphi's. Are they worth it? Seems like I once read that delphi's weren't worth the trouble, won't get many miles on 'em.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased 8-"new" Delphi BB's from Pensacola. All turned out to be fine but I would STILL have them pop-tested.
Not sure if you've read any of my prior Pensacols Diesel troubles...I went through 3 IP's from them...all had problems!
After a lot of aggravation and endless hours spent I sent Mel my OE DB2 to rebuld to Baby Moose standards and it's been kicking ars ever since.

After some communication with Pensacola, they did the right thing and refunded ALL my money for their IP. $295

I would never consider another rebuilt IP from anyone but Mel :hail :love:

:yell: Baby Moose IP

13fcolt

former professional
Reaction score
i've been looking at the pensacola stuff because of the price. i'd really like to get a spare ip but i may as well scrounge one from the junk yard if it is going to need rebuilt anyway.

Smokey73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought 'em.
I also just bought a turbo from Darrin Tosh, and plan on puttin it on the Mule. I got the mule out the other day and loaded about 20 bales of round hay on him, kind of a final, pre turbo evaluation. I don't know how much that weighs, but it's heavy. The truck pulled out of the field like nothing was back there, and pulled into 3rd gear with no problems. Highway speeds were another story. You could get it up to speed(45-50MPH), but it would fight you the whole way. Once you got it to 50, there was absolutely no throttle response, other than pouring out more smoke.
I know that I've got at least one bad injector, I want to get it running tip-top before the turbo goes on. I'm thinking that with the recently installed new IP and these injectors, it'll be like a brand new truck.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I bought 'em.
I also just bought a turbo from Darrin Tosh, and plan on puttin it on the Mule. I got the mule out the other day and loaded about 20 bales of round hay on him, kind of a final, pre turbo evaluation. I don't know how much that weighs, but it's heavy. The truck pulled out of the field like nothing was back there, and pulled into 3rd gear with no problems. Highway speeds were another story. You could get it up to speed(45-50MPH), but it would fight you the whole way. Once you got it to 50, there was absolutely no throttle response, other than pouring out more smoke.
I know that I've got at least one bad injector, I want to get it running tip-top before the turbo goes on. I'm thinking that with the recently installed new IP and these injectors, it'll be like a brand new truck.

you will notice a big difference

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a new set of injectors from Pensacola and they seem good so far. Quick shipping and came with everything needed to install.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online