Dead truck.

sagebel

Reaction score
Here are the symtoms: Engine cranks, No voltage to: Fuel pump, GPR, and Fuel Heater Relay. All fuses are good. No wait to start light, SES, or Tach movement. I have changed the CPS. Batteries are less than a year old. Chip has been pulled. Any ideas?

Scott

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
.Must be drunk off that "home brew" :D

Seriously, any raw, white smoke out either the pipe or air cleaner?

Have you pressure washed the engine recently? Or ran thru deep water?

IPR gone ?
Any fuel in the filter {full}?

On OBS fuse #20 is pulled as opposed to disconnecting the batteries when fooling with the CPU,IDM etc... can you hear any relays energising.....specifically the ones that fire the fuel pump/GPR?

That's all my feeble mind can think of at 05:30 am :D

sagebel

Reaction score
No fuel so no smoke. The pump is not running at all. It does operate when 12vdc is applied to it from an external source. What has me confused is there is no SES and no codes. I have PCM on the way from Jody and it will be here tomorrow afternoon. If that does not fix it I'm not sure what it is. As far as the homebrew, the truck is a functioning bioholic. :drunk: (well, normally)

Scott

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
sagebel said:
New PCM installed, still no start. ***?

Scott

cookoo cookoo Altho it should not be nesc, have you tried pressing the pedal/TPS.......it's apparent there is no signal to fire and isn't the TPS what controls all but static idle?

:confused:

sagebel

Reaction score
Truck is running. It was the PCM Power Relay. Now I have a PCM just laying around. Can you say "re-flash" and "single shot"? ;Sweet

Scott

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious also as to where the PCM relay is located?

sagebel

Reaction score
Mike, mine is in the fuse box under the hood. It was a last resort, after the PCM didn't work I just got fustrated and started tracing circuits and testing everything. Finally got to the relay and put 12vdc on the control side and got no clicky clicky. The heater blower uses the same relay so I just swapped them and **** truck runs with no heat :Thumbs Up :***: I talked to Jody today after I got it running and he said that he had never heard of one going bad.

Scott

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Scott, I'm glad you are back in business again. I've never heard of one failing before either but then again I dont know much.

So.............what kinda burns you gonna put on that spare PCM now??? :Sly

sagebel

Reaction score
None until March but then let's just say that the PCM will be marked "Return to Sender" :D I am definitely going to go to single shots and since I have the PCM I'll get that re-flashed along with a chip to match. It should make checking codes easier if needed.(oh and not to mention the increased HP) Who knows if someone out this way needs a spare to get back on the road it's here. Right now I'm looking at Swamps and Beans but who knows, by March there will probably be 10 more options cookoo

Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online