DB2 - 5069 & 5070 - Difference ?

Lug Nut

Reaction score
Thanks for the response bbjordan. I've been told they are interchangeable and that either will work on an automatic or manual transmission. Can anyone confirm this ? I found a rebuilt 5069, will it be a problem with a ZF5 transmission ?

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it'll work.

So will *any* db2 pump off any 6.9 or 7.3 idi. The only real difference is in the calibration/fuel limit screw setting.

If you've got a turbo on that truck, get an EGT gauge and look into cranking the fuel up - you can easily add 50% more power with no other changes. The turbo models are rediculously under fueled, so they didn't compete with the Powerstroke.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
correct, likely its midrange fueling to control smoke.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Where was it rebuilt? If not from one of the Big Three, I'd think twice about buying it.

Lug Nut

Reaction score
I'm sure I will get a lot of flack for this but it came from Diesel Care. Wanted to buy a Moose but the truck has been down for 6 months and I couldn't come up with the $$$ for a Moose.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I wish you the best. I do understand about the money. I had to buy a pump and injectors twice because of trying to save a little money. I WON'T make that mistake again.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any DB2 pump fits any idi engine. The VERY slight difference in these two pumps is the pin in the throttle shaft.The E4OD pump does not have the pin but... Make sure you install the tps on the throttle shaft correctly. The shaft has 2 places for the tps drive collar.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online