Cummins O-Ring Question

RedTruck

Reaction score
My good friend and father in law is in the middle of putting an old tractor engine back together, and we are drawing a blank on where to find bottom o-rings for the sleeves. It is a tappered flat band type of o-ring. In fact, it seems to match a rubber washer more than an o-ring. He has tried using several regular style O-rings instead of this one flat band, but he is not happy with how it fits. I am attaching a couple pictures. They are fuzzy, but do give a pretty good idea of what it looks like. It seems like the material is some sort of natural rubber. It reminds me of the material used in the O-ring between a toilet tank and bowl.

I am told that Cummins uses some sort of tapered flat band for their cylinder sleeve o-rings. We are currently looking into this, but I was hoping someone here may have some suggestions.

Thanks much for any help or discussion!

Paul

Attachments

• Diameter Dimensions.JPG
    Diameter Dimensions.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Width Dimensions.JPG
    Width Dimensions.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1

RedTruck

Reaction score
Yep. It'd be perfect except it's 1/2" to big. Just found out.

Paul

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul,

Post the make and model and any other particulars on this tractor and the engine.

There are quite a few tractor, truck and old machinery enthusiests on this board that can prolly help you a whole lot better than I can or at least give you a better direction to look.

Mike