Crazy Video

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's pretty crazy, i don't think my truck can even do a burn out so i don't think i will have that issue.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lack of rollover protection in trucks is appalling. And tucks aren't getting any lighter these days either. I found this clip to be funny as hell, but the one I saw wasn't funny. 2004 dodge crewcab. I got there minutes after it happened and the driver was already dead. The front of the roof had met the dash and the rear had compressed to half the normal height. But since airbags and crumple zones are cheaper than a proper cab structure, thats not going to change anytime soon.

No official cause was ever released, but he probably fell asleep at the wheel.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i saw a video on tv the other day of a newer 4 door dodge pulling a camper under a gas station roof, it hits it and it collapses on the truck, as it's hitting it, it appears the roof of the dodge flattens right out....***? i'll keep my old iron. ;Sweet

-Jon

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I ran across a late model explorer in a boneyard a while back that had rolled and after seeing the insides, it called for a moment of silence. Nobody came out of that thing alive. These soccer moms are supposedly buying those monstrosities for *safety*, I've got a news flash, the roof on that thing folded up like tin foil. It was crushed down to the seat bases and there were no signs of it having rolled more than once and the scuffs indicated a low speed roll.

zpd307

Reaction score
thats why there are some trying to pass stricter standards for roll over protection..... supposedly, the same standard has been in place since the 50/60's.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I'll keep the wifey and kids an a VW passat.
The vehicles on an explorer may be heavier, but that requires more cab structure from above if it rolls.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
i saw a video on tv the other day of a newer 4 door dodge pulling a camper under a gas station roof, it hits it and it collapses on the truck, as it's hitting it, it appears the roof of the dodge flattens right out....***? i'll keep my old iron. ;Sweet

-Jon

yea i saw that show too, all they do is steal videos from youtube and get C list celebrities to flame them.

Heres the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCBeQn2N9Js

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet he had no idea the height of his camper or truck. Experience is a wonderful thing, and he got his all in one shot.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I was told once....Stupid People Should"nt Breath...that driver clearly falls into the aforementioned category.

Ya lack of decent Roll over protection is common in trucks, having seen plenty in the wreckers, I really want a decent Exo Cage on my truck!