craigslist scams - can you nail them somehow?

GREASE FIRE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
saw a 24 valve cummins for $4200, 1999 in perfect condition so i followed up just to see if it was for real. when i realized it was a scam i played stupid just for fun, now i have been trading emails with this person who says the truck is in arizona and they will ship it for free, and payment will be taken care of through ebay buyer protection program. And now i even have their phone number - some lady with some foreign accent - almost sounds arabic or something.
they emailed me pictures and everything - nice truck!
is there any way to bust someone like that?

i just told them i will buy the "car" (who calls something like that a car anyway?)

there must be some way to track them down - or not? what do you think?

thanks,
paul

gamudslinger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to even get on craigslist because of the scams. BRING THEM TO JUSTICE WITH THE IRON FIST OF BOOBS! *screams while doing best He-Man impression*

7.3shrk

Good luck. You do not really have any re course, unless you paid for something, or there is a loss, otherwise all you can do is flag them.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any CL deal I do must be done face-to-face. I've have excellent success on closing deals on CL both buying and selling. Even brought in a few new members from my CL deals;Sweet
ebay otoh.....I don't trust. There's something about not being able to touch/feel/smell something I'm about to lay out good money for that I am allergic to.
Of course, there's always exceptions to the rule. I did commit to buy my '92 sight unseen due to the price point. I took a gamble and flew from Austin to StLouis with the "intent to buy" as long as everything looked and ran as he described.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my last two IDI's on Ebay. This one has a few more problems than I expected and I paid to much considering but I am not sure that it was the sellers fault. I would email them and tell them you have someone to look at it and see what they say. That will tell you if its a scam.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found mine on Ebay at a Ford dealership. Spent months looking as far away as Texas. Very happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.