Craigslist classifieds?

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
How about a section similar to the marketplace but for Craigslist finds? Maybe a parts section and complete vehicle section.
Also could split the Marketplace into complete vehicle listings and parts listings?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can set one up for craiglist and ebay finds. Cool with that?

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Maybe that will clear up the idi section. (And others)
(Guilty of it myself)

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
This was my thinking, as I am guilty too.

That'd be great Shaggy if you agree it'd be beneficial?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep it would. I would put them all under one section. Easier to find. I will set this up and move the threads I see over later today if I can.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm of the opinion that if a member is selling something, it needs to be in the marketplace section, even though it may be a cl ad. my concern is a ethical one. fraud on CL ads are rampant, and if a member is committing fraud, there has to be a means of shutting down the ad in the marketplace and not to have to chase multiple listings all over the board.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Are you meaning like cross-posting? I was meaning with the Craigslist section if a member found what they thought was a good deal on craigslist it could be shared in that forum. Mainly to keep from cluttering up the other sections where ads dont necessarily belong

gandalf

Reaction score
I think this idea is a pretty good one, to help segregate sale items from the rest of the forum. I think, though, that I would split it a bit differently.

I would split the "For Sale" portion of the Marketplace into two sections. 1) The first would be trucks, parts, and other items for sale by forum members. If they are running a CL ad concurrently I would expect that they would advise us of that fact. 2) The second section would be for any trucks or parts which members have found on other sites. These would, by definition, be items for sale by non-forum members. I would expect that there would be a clickable link to the sale item.

An example of this setup can be found on The Downeast Boat Forum

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Might want to make a general post in the 6.9/7.3 section about the new craigslist/eBay section? Seems theres been quite a few CL ads posted in there... Betting folks dont know about the new section.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would rather have left it the way it was - I don't really want to go to another forum on the 1 in 50 chance there's something I'd want someone else found. I can see it if every other thread was someone finding something, but with the 1 in 20 or so it doesn't seem like a big deal.

Now, this is only for disinterested 3rd party stuff - like several of the things I've posted where I ran across a good deal on a part I don't need. If it's the op trying to advertize then that's a different story - post it in the classified.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
click on the recent posts button then, it will show all post since the last time you were on. no need to jump forums. I like it better this way. keeps the forums cleaner

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin