Craiglist find

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's only 2wd.
There's a transfer case shift lever, although I can't really tell whether there are lockouts on the front hubs or not. I watched the video he linked to, and while you only get brief glimpses, I think I can see lockouts and a front drive axle... :dunno There are also "All Wheel Drive" badges on the front fenders in front of the wheels, not that the badges necessarily mean anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1LxLj4wfZA&feature=youtu.be

Either way, an IH crew-cab with an 8 foot bed is a VERY rare beast...although it's at least a partial hack job; note the sunroof. Also, the video shows that the rust is worse than the pictures imply. So, it'd be best for someone with a clean cab, or someone with the equipment to weld in patches. Way out of my league even if I could justify another truck LOL but I can still drool, right? :D

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Either way, an IH crew-cab with an 8 foot bed is a VERY rare beast...although it's at least a partial hack job; note the sunroof. Also, the video shows that the rust is worse than the pictures imply. So, it'd be best for someone with a clean cab, or someone with the equipment to weld in patches. Way out of my league even if I could justify another truck LOL but I can still drool, right? :D

You west coast guys are spoiled..... for a 46 year old truck, im my Rust Belt opinion its nice and clean................

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You west coast guys are spoiled..... for a 46 year old truck, im my Rust Belt opinion its nice and clean................

well i dunno if id call her clean.if you look at around 2:40 you can see where you could put your foot right down through the floor.:D
i bet parts would be harder to find than my '68 t-bird.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i dunno if id call her clean.if you look at around 2:40 you can see where you could put your foot right down through the floor.:D
And, that's what I was referring to. Actually, other than the floorboards, that truck has less rust than my '84 extended-cab :cry:

i bet parts would be harder to find than my '68 t-bird.
As a former owner of an IH Scout, that's an exercise in understatement. The aftermarket support for the Scout II is VERY limited compared to other vehicles from that vintage, and it's even worse for pickups/Travelalls. Engine parts aren't ridiculously hard to find only because the 304/345/392 wasn't an uncommon engine in medium-duty trucks, but good luck finding any body, trim, or interior parts. There at least used to be a few aftermarket body panel suppliers for the Scouts, but I don't think there was ever anything like that available for a pickup or a Travelall, so any sheet metal that needs to be replaced would need to be fabricated.

Could be worse; my Scout had a Nissan SD-33T turbo diesel, and parts were almost impossible to find ANYWHERE when I owned it. A few forklift shops could get their hands on engine parts, but only a few, and those parts would cost an arm, a leg, and your first-born. Imagine $500+ for a single piston :shocked:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i spy a pass drop diff.
look in the CL ad, where the passenger wheel is jacked up.

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah that '57 is cool.check 'em out all cleaned up:

You must be registered for see images attach

drop in a mild 429/c6/9" setup and run 'er.:)

you should go get that thing if it's not too far from ya.that would be a fun project.drop in a little 4bt cummins for a nice cheap and fun cruiser wouldn't make for a bad setup either.;)

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: WOW!!!! Even in California, it's rare to find a Scout 80 that clean!! That guy must have no idea what he has...$2500's a Ray Charles deal at that price! I can't justify another vehicle and my $$'s tied up elsewhere; otherwise I would seriously consider that truck.

you should go get that thing if it's not too far from ya.that would be a fun project.drop in a little 4bt cummins for a nice cheap and fun cruiser wouldn't make for a bad setup either.;)
That could make for a fun truck ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online