Correct Bilstein Shocks

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting around to replacing my shocks, I went with Bilstein 4600's and got the (supposedly) correct part numbers from BilsteinUS. I started on the rear since the bed is off and they are easy to get to. Took the first one off, looks like an original shock, and noticed the Bilstein has a bushing in mounts, as I would expect it to. The post the shock fits on is quite a bit larger than the bushing on the shock and the old shock does not have that bushing on the shock. The smooth portion of the post on the upper mount does not appear to come off. Bilstein shows the correct shock for a 94 F350 XLT 4WD is 24-016186. Does anyone know the correct part number for the rear?

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I put on the rear.

24-016186

46mm Monotube Shock Absorber

Got these for the front.

Pulled numbers from Bilsteins site and mblaney's thread on front axle swap I think.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Bilstein, it doesn't come out easily.

Old shock

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured out, the wrong shock is in the box, the other box for the rear has the correct shock in the box. So I have 3 fronts and one rear, but the boxes are labeled for what I ordered. I will get the replacement ASAP.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Mine mounted upside down from what yours did. On the rear, the end with the metal bushing goes down. :dunno

Also, be prepared to replace the lower mounting bolts on the bottom mounts. Every one I've ever removed showed wear. Allowing slop between the shock bushing/bolt. They are hardened metric bolts.

i bought these for my 87 F350 4WD
i installed them the other day.
fit perfectly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BILSTEIN-SH...0-4WD-TRUCK-/291203903262?hash=item43cd1aef1e

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online