core support difference AC vs NONAC

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More core supports are becoming available, but none with AC option. Can anyone tell me the difference between the supports, can I fabricate the difference? thanks
1989 F250 7.3 IDI EOD auto with factory air.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically the non ac trucks used the short wide radiator and the same core support as the gassers.

The AC trucks typically had the tall narrow radiator and a deeper, diesel specific core support.

Typically, because it seems to vary a lot from what I've heard.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your bottom "hoop" is salvageable simply drill the spot welds and remove both hoops and install your large hoop on the new support. That's what I did.

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am aware of all of this, I just have not seen the differences in the two physically. I have already rebuilt mine but another is coming up. The 92 up bottom loop is correct on the new ones, but the other configurations are wrong. I could make it work, but cutting the bottom loop out (where this one is rusted) defeats the purpose. I can weld up anything, but if it is a matter of hole placement, that is what I am asking about. I have seen large wide radiators in non AC trucks as well (most of them). Been working on these for 30+ years, guess I would like to see pics of anyone has both, thanks