Coolant leak

Saskredneck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My daily driver 86 F250 is starting to leak a bit of coolant, I know the rad leaks very minimally its just been too damn cold sadly today feels warm compared to how most of the winter has been and its -37 right now to give ya an idea why I have been putting that replacement aside. But today I was under the truck topping up the transmission (tail seal leaks another job that I have parts for but am putting off cause the cold) and I noticed a bit of coolant on the starter, checked block heater and that isn't leaking. So is it head gasket time? BTW the engine has over 1,030,000km on it motors never been apart/overhauled. I was planning on an overhaul this summer so it can handle a turbo without worrying about it dying because of worn out or blown parts.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was under the truck topping up the transmission (tail seal leaks another job that I have parts for but am putting off cause the cold) and I noticed a bit of coolant on the starter, checked block heater and that isn't leaking. So is it head gasket time? BTW the engine has over 1,030,000km on it motors never been apart/overhauled. I was planning on an overhaul this summer so it can handle a turbo without worrying about it dying because of worn out or blown parts.

Ya, I'd say HG fer sure LOL hope it makes it to rebuild time for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online