Coolant leak??

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my coolant today and noticed it was low, so I started to top it off and it took about a gallon and a half or more. I know I've had a small leak since last fall, (thats probibly the last time I checked it). I've checked it out a little and know that its comming form the PASSENGER side of the engine, about mid way back, dripping onto the crossmember and starter. The block heater is dry, as is the freeze plug that I can see beside it. If I park inside overnight, it leaks 1 drop about the size of a quarter. Waterpump is about a year old and the front of the engine is dry. Oil cooler also looks good.
So my question is, do I have a head gasket leaking, or is there another freeze plug behind the crossmember? I'm going to check it out this week.
Let me know what y'all think.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
What about the hose that comes out of the block to the heater core? That one is on the pass side and it leaked on me once.

gunnie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you might also check the engine block heater, its also located mid ways on passenger side of the block

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its not the block heater because I have a good view of it and its allways dry. Sometimes theres coolant drips on the crossmember sometimes theres not. I cant see a definate spot that it can be comming from. I might try to get some coolant dye that I used to use when I worked at the dealerships.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes its the stupidest things that you miss! I decided to look that the truck tonight and noticed a lot more coolant and traced it all the way back to the upper radiator hose! I replaced the constant pressure clamp with a regular stainless hose clamp and so far so good. :frustrate