Convertor overflow

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
Everytime I do some excessive backing up my E4OD transmission leaks fluid on the ground as it overheats to above 250. Is there any solution ??

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to switch to synthetic fluid and put a big honkin cooler on there. At least that;s all you can do without tearing into it. There are some mods that can be done to those things to improve lubrication at low speed, but they require tearing into the tranny.

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
I have a fairly large cooler ( 12 x 24 ish ) and I was thinking of adding a cooler under the truck with a 12 electric fan. Has anyone every used a A/C condenser as a cooler ? My transmission was rebuilt by the P/O and I just wondered if anyone else has this problem of overheating while in reverse. I've have no other overheating problems. maybe it's an design issue ??

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have a fairly large cooler ( 12 x 24 ish ) and I was thinking of adding a cooler under the truck with a 12 electric fan. Has anyone every used a A/C condenser as a cooler ? My transmission was rebuilt by the P/O and I just wondered if anyone else has this problem of overheating while in reverse. I've have no other overheating problems. maybe it's an design issue ??

Overheating at low speed forward or reverse is very common, there is a fix for it right here if you scroll down to the pump correction package. That is your critter. It gives full time flow to the cooler, otherwise the cooler doesn't get flow all the time and it can get hot at times. I've got a fixer upper gas burner coming that had the tranny belch out fluid and overheat fromthat problem

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The pump seal should be replaced. This is common with the factory gray seal.
The gray seal will deform under high heat conditions. Causing leaks. When the tranny cools down the seal will go back to its original shape. After a a few overheating spells it will stay deformed and fail. :mad:

Precision makes the updated Viton seal. Usually black or purple.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online