Conversion Ideas

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
was checking out ebay earlier today..and it seems a 3.0 toyota diesel can be had from either florida or new jersey as a JDM import for around $3000 with trans,T-case, wiring, and ECM from a *** market 4runner.. and they are in the power range im looking for. I may have to look at these closer when i go to swap

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Sounds like a great way to go. Surprising that is would include the entire drivetrain for $3k!!

Is it an auto?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was checking out ebay earlier today..and it seems a 3.0 toyota diesel can be had from either florida or new jersey as a JDM import for around $3000 with trans,T-case, wiring, and ECM from a *** market 4runner.. and they are in the power range im looking for. I may have to look at these closer when i go to swap
The biggest problem I can think of regarding that is finding spare parts in the U.S. I had this problem with the Nissan SD-33T that was in my old Scout, even though that engine was factory equipment...finding parts was next to impossible and were hideously expensive when I could find them.

Just something to be aware of...if you can find a few good parts sources, you'll be in good shape ;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not too worried about parts. toyota stuff isnt that rare to come by. the SD33 nissan diesel hasnt really been used in anything else...its even different from the stanza diesel (sd22 i think)
The SD-33 was used in forklifts (and, most of the parts sources I found were at forklift shops) and was used in a few vehicles outside the U.S. (the Nissan Patrol, for example). Was the Toyota diesel used in any application in the U.S.? If not, can Toyota dealers or whomever get parts for them readily?