cold starts ?

BENZIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does any one start in -0 degree cold any specail starts method or turn the key and go ? just wondering

rigrunner

Reaction score
have started my 5.9 at -30. oh and it wasn't plugged in. I almost always plug her in and she always starts right up. at -0 just cycle your heater and turn her over, it should start.

Mopar1973Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give you a clue... I can start my truck with the grid heater unplugged all the way down to 32*F above without thinking twice. After that down to 0*F I need at least 1 cycle of the grid heater and it fires up... Below 0*F I need 2 cycle of the grid heater...

But normally in the summer time I leave my grid heaters unplugged and don't even wait for the light I just start the engine... ;Sweet

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I have a block heat like everybody else but i also have an oilpan heater and i have deleted the glow plup relay/timer and i use a push button setup with Beru glow plugs (and i really try not to turn it off)

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I was actually going to ask the same question. The other night, my buddie was leaving work and had to catch a ride home. He has an 05 (or 06) with the 5.9 in it. The batteries had power because it would have the lights on. Then, he tried to start it an it would just click. Like the engine was locked up or it had a bad starter. I checked the connections I could get to, but no dice. It was about 0-2* outside and it had been sittin that way for at least 10 hours.

SWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.