clutch

sarnhun

Reaction score
Do i take the transmission competely out from under truck or can slide de it back? I don,t have a manual on removing the transmission. On the shifter do i remove with transmission in netural ? Any help will be great. Iam doing the work at the ranch on dirt road

ramon f350

Reaction score
you should probably tell us more about your truck so that we know what your working with.

My first suggestion is to try and atleast fond some concrete somwhere that you can put the truck on otherwise you are going to have to work twice as hard

Ramon

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually will pull it out completely to clean up the bellhousing and check for cracks. Also, there isn't much room just to "roll it back" and not have the thing fall off the jack. They didn't design this trans to be jack friendly or lightweight(it weighs more than most 4cyl *** car engines) Find yourself a slab of concrete or you are going to have fun.....

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
that's the truth. I replaced the clutch in the ZF out of my '01 and likened to blow out an o-ring in the process. I rented a jack and slid the trannie back about a foot to do what I needed to do, but the hard part was getting that heavy and bulky ****** back in. My advice, if you are going to do it from the ground, is to have a friend help you out. Otherwise, let a shop with a lift do it. My truck is in the shop now getting a new input shaft, synchros, and bearings put in it. By buddy is the mechanic there and he told me that on the lift, they had the whole thing out in about 45 minutes.

Luck with it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin