clutch rattle

beaver55

Reaction score
I have a 1994 F-250 diesel, I just replaced the dual mass set up with the solid fly-wheel, clutch, preasure plate,throw out bearing,new slave cyl. and master cyl. now I have a rattel when clutch is diss engaged, when I put preasure on the pedal, it gets a bit quieter, other than that the clutch works fine any ideas, I would like to hear them,

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you go from the Dual mass to solid it is expected that you will get some gear rattle at idle with the clutch engaged(pedal fully released). The noise should go away when you disengage the clutch(push pedal in).

I did the conversion on my truck and i have severe gear rattle at idle...so severe that i parked the truck and took the insurance off of and am no longer driving it. Once i finish school next month im planning on rebuilding my transmission and hoping that my gear rattle quiets down.

Depending on how bad your gear rattle is you can do some things to try and quiet it some. Many other users change the fluid in the trans from ATF to motor oil...and some over fill the trans. Another option is bumping your idle up a bit. Im sure others will be around to give there opinion.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may need some greese on the TOB and the shaft it rides on. Remove the Slave and the fork from the Tranny. Try and get some greese on the TOB and the shaft throught the fork's opening. That usually quiets that noise down.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726