clutch issue

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
91 idi with a zf5 less then 5000 miles ago i put in a SMF and 12.25" clutch and kevlar throw out bearing new slave cylinder. have the adjustable clutch rod going into the master and everything worked great.

out of no where this morning the clutch pedal lost some feeling and the clutch wont fully disengage. there is no leaks that i can find. the fire wall is not cracked and doesnt seem to be flexing. the fluid level is good in the master.

what would cause this problem i tried messing with the clutch linkage and it had no effect. when my pedel gets to the floor about an inch or two left of travel i can feel it moving but i run out of throw.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
It is good. the pedel is not loose there just is no real resistance till the last bit of travel and thats when the slave cylinder starts to move the clutc. I havnt found any leaks in the system and it has been working fine. It wont disengauge enough to shift

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Yup, sounds like either the master or teh slave is leaking internally and just pushing on by.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
Ok thank yall im gunna get the master first since thats older then the slave if that doesnt work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726