Clutch / Flywheel Reccomendation Please

Snowman671

Dave Sewell
Reaction score
Ok,

I think I need to replace this puppy. I don't like the feel of it or how easy it slips. so what do I go to? Last wekend i was pulling boat out of water and did a smooth job (or so I thought) of holding the brake with toes and the gas whith heal and the clutch with the left foot. but half way up ramp (clutch all the way out) it smelled a bit....

So now I need a new one I don't like soft clutches I prefer stiff ones that I know are engaging.

I primarily will be towing a 7000LB Trailer and hauling vaious items in the dump bed. Rock, trash, Sand etc.

So what do you guys reccomend. I'm going to do the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, TOB.. the whole 9 yards..

Thanks
Dave

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the LuK SMFW kit...you end up with some gear rollover noise (at least on my truck, it hasn't been too bad), but you don't have the complexity of the dual-mass flywheel anymore, along with a 12" clutch (stock is 11").

I paid about $600 for mine last June (and $100 of that was shipping :shocked: the flywheel is HEAVY) from dial-a-clutch.com. I would also recommend the Kevlar pilot bushing...it's only $30, and after seeing what the roller pilot bearing that was in my old flywheel looked like (bearings broken, and the ones that weren't broken were flattened...and it was completely dry), it seems well-worth it...

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Like The Warden said, 12 inch is the way to go.
Some on this site have had good results with the lucky flywheel mod, it converts a duel mass to a single mass.