Check out this 86 Super Duty on E-Bay!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does one manage to make a truck 10 years newer, only to have it look like it has the same rust as what the original cab would have had? Interesting that he made the 86' dash fit the 95 cab.

93idi

Reaction score
Does anyone know where this "superduty conversion kit" came from? Is this a kit that is commercially available, or is it a custom job?

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
How does one manage to make a truck 10 years newer, only to have it look like it has the same rust as what the original cab would have had? Interesting that he made the 86' dash fit the 95 cab.
:confused:

Kinda brings back memories of last summer. If I would have needed a hood that was my next choice.....Newer style front clip.;Sweet
It does look schaweet!

Nothing a few hours of rust repair couldn't fix tho.

Nice find hound.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Does anyone know where this "superduty conversion kit" came from? Is this a kit that is commercially available, or is it a custom job?

That is actually a good question, At first I assumed that he made it a conversion, and that the parts were from a conversion company (centurion, western hauler etc) made to install on a 99 and up Super Duty truck. Not that they were Ford factry parts.

But now that I read your question and reread the ad, It may be a conversion made for 92-97 pickups. It looks like a nice job but they don't show any close pics of the conversion itself.

I will ask the seller that question and let find out.

Later,

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score

Yea, if you were going to go to the trouble, would'nt you get a rust free body to start with??

Lotta work to have it look that shabby?

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well I shot the seller this e-mail,...

Hi, Cool Truck!,..I was wondering about the front Super Duty bumper, grill and hood. You stated in the ad that it is a Conversion. Is it a Kit for the older style Ford's, or did your son just buy the parts and make them fit? Is it a Super Duty hood? or just the front part fabbed for the older style.

Hope this makes sence, he did a nice job on it either way.
Thanks for the info!
Darrin

Here was his response,...

Everything you see in regards to the superduty is from the kit.

So it does sound like it is actually a Kit, but still am not shure,:dunno

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
darrin, read the questions at the bottom of the page. right below your question it says the kit maker is 'studio truck styles'

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
veddy interesting.....same seat and door panels as my '96...{hammered as they may be} yet he kept the early 80's dash cookoo

Somebody had some good intentions ;Sweet ...but for all that work and to leave the rusted areas :dunno

Bet the wiring is a nightmare :eek:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Ah, Yes, I see that he is posting his questions, and getting a lot of them. I did a Google on the 'Studio Truck Styles' and came up with nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online