Check engine light

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well on my 02 f350, the check engine light comes on when im towing up hills, or when i really get on it, but i never came on until i put on my edge juce, it kinda seems like it comes on when i hit 20 lbs of boost, it there like a boost trip code or something?

Reaction score
Could be Boost, Does it act like it defuels when the light comes on? Does the light go right back off? Could also be low ICP.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
no it doesent act like it defueals, the light goes off like 10 mins later, and i have the attitude moniter and it shows back down, and it doesnt backdown when the light comes on

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your 02 shouldnt defuel on an overboost until 25 psi. ICP would be the next logical guess, but you need to retrieve the code to be certain.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
well im thinking about getting the edge evolution programer, and it is also a code reader so i might just get it sooner than i thought, and i also want to get a clutch for it, cus i know that the stock one wont last long

twildman

Reaction score
Prolly the 1211 code, especially if it takes 10 minutes to clear. The juice is jacking the ICP up and the hpop can't keep up with demand.

twildman

Reaction score
scheid6996 said:
what do i do to fix it, or is it a bad thing?
Well, the fix is dual hpops, however, they are not cheap.

If you had a chip, the programing could be changed to fix it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
and that schied--is straight from the man that knows what hes talking about--always helps to deal with knowledge man first---

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
witch increases fuel delivery to the injectors? so how does that work? like external or where?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll give you the long answer here. Our injectors are electric over hydraulic, meaning there is an electric solenoid on the top of each injector sitting there waiting to be fired by the PCM/IDM, the bottom half of the injector is filled with fuel and the top half is filled with oil, the HPOP supplies the oil. Each time the solenoid is fired the oil pushes down on a piston that pushes the fuel into the combustion chamber, the oil is exhausted out the top side of the injector for a return trip. The higher the pressure the oil is, the better atomization you get of the fuel. The PCM will set a check engine light IF the pressure of the oil is too low.

Thats a basic crash course on how our injectors operate, there are guys here that could make it alot more technical than that. I dont see in your signature line that you are running modified injectors? Or are you? Have you confirmed the P-1211 code yet? I dont see in this thread where you have. In any event, if you are still on the stock injectors you really shouldnt be setting the p-1211 unless you have a wore out HPOP or a malfunctioning IPR valve.

Do a couple things for me, confirm the P-1211 code, let us know what size injectors you are running, how many miles on the engine, how many miles since last oil change and what type of oil. Do you have a rough or uneven idle speed too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel