Check engine light

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
thanks for the crash cource, well my truck has 64,000 miles on it, oil was changed about 4,000 miles ago,i dont kno the kind of oil, i always run delo, but i just bought the truck, so they probubly used motercraft or something, cus it was a dealership its got the stock injectors, and i get retreive the code, i hooked it up to a code reader and no codes were found, than i ran the hell out of it and got the check engine light to come on, and as soon as i pluged the scan tool it to the truck, the light went off and i found no codes

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First things first then, I would recommend a full fluid change on the truck. Get the Delo in it. If you have stock injectors and only 64K on the truck you shouldnt be setting a P-1211 unless you have IPR valve issues. If you are getting the CEL light to come on it HAS to be storing a trouble code in the PCM. What kind of reader are you using to retrieve the codes? Some readers wont pull the Ford specific codes.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
ok, the reader is some shucks tool, i dont remember what brans it was

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
******, if i bought the edge evolution, would that work?
cus it says it can read codes

Cppr Busa

Reaction score
I'll give you the long answer here. Our injectors are electric over hydraulic, meaning there is an electric solenoid on the top of each injector sitting there waiting to be fired by the PCM/IDM, the bottom half of the injector is filled with fuel and the top half is filled with oil, the HPOP supplies the oil. Each time the solenoid is fired the oil pushes down on a piston that pushes the fuel into the combustion chamber, the oil is exhausted out the top side of the injector for a return trip. The higher the pressure the oil is, the better atomization you get of the fuel. The PCM will set a check engine light IF the pressure of the oil is too low.

Thats a basic crash course on how our injectors operate, there are guys here that could make it alot more technical than that. I dont see in your signature line that you are running modified injectors? Or are you? Have you confirmed the P-1211 code yet? I dont see in this thread where you have. In any event, if you are still on the stock injectors you really shouldnt be setting the p-1211 unless you have a wore out HPOP or a malfunctioning IPR valve.

Do a couple things for me, confirm the P-1211 code, let us know what size injectors you are running, how many miles on the engine, how many miles since last oil change and what type of oil. Do you have a rough or uneven idle speed too?

Thanks for explaning it like that! Good info;Sweet

Deerefxr870

Reaction score
Edge says this is normal.

I recently installed the same programer on my uncle's 2001, and in the manual it says that it will set the CEL if you accelerate hard. It says that it will go away after 15 minutes. Doesn't give recomendations to stop it from being set either.

Muddinkev44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To:94f450sd....all said and done what did the HPOP cost ya....where did u buy it....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online