cheap fuel heater idea.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
im hoping to be able to heat my wvo so i can run it this winter, plus i was bored!cookoo ;Sweet

Attachments

• DSC00348-1.jpg
    DSC00348-1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00349-1.jpg
    DSC00349-1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00350-1.jpg
    DSC00350-1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 28

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
i have about 7 glow plugs from a 02 powerstroke. i have not had on burn out on me yet. I just tested the system and had the plug on for 20-25 min and it is still going!! cookoo I have saw the bio forums, i check this board every day and get a lot of good info here.;Sweet Also i took the return to the back tank and "T" it with the supply so it stays warm and doesnt go back to the tank. next, I'm thinking of running my heater hose line with both lines back to the "T" to keep things good and warm. I have a temp gauge that i am going to put in-line somewhere?:popcorn

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I have one on My truck already, I've used it for about 6 moths now and Yes it does help, just make sure You don't have any air in the lines or it will burn the gp also if You run it too long it could burn but as long as You keep good wvo flow it should be fine. I use it if it is too cold outside to bring the fuel up to temp faster.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Also, if that filter is the very next one to the IP I would think about that twice there will be some build up around the glow plug and it can go straight to the IP. Maybe You want it before another filter.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ideas like this were great years ago....
now with $100 flate plate heat exchangers and other WVO/fuel heating parts that are professional in quality, cheap and offer reliable use, it seems things like this require more work than they are worth.
kind of like HIH setups offer more risk than benefit these days.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly hope your not running that GP at full voltage. I would suspect they exceed 1000 degrees easy.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I certainly hope your not running that GP at full voltage. I would suspect they exceed 1000 degrees easy.

Not if the wvo runs around it meaning good flow. Also it is wvo not #2 You run or it will start smoking white on the engine compartment and the engine provably stop running.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well for one thing $100 is still a bit of money when it can be done cheaper also its easier to just put a T in the fuel line then rerouting heater lines and such also if you want the heat closer to the IP this way you can shut the heat off when running diesel to each his own but this seems like an cheap and easy way although I would not mount it in my filter and as for how hot they get these trucks move a lot of fuel and WVO needs a lot of heat

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I once made a fuel heater for an old scout deisel -I used 2 different lenths of copper pipe of different diameters one inside the other ran hot antifreeze thru the outside fuel through the inside circulated it through the tank through wrapped oversize lines.He had no more gelled fuel fuel problems.

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
well so far it works great! I have also since ran my heater hoses to the back tank along side my fuel lines and i ordered a tank style heater that i can hook up just after my rear tank.;Sweet it is working as it is now... but... its like 50* outside the last two days.cookoo

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I once made a fuel heater for an old scout deisel -I used 2 different lenths of copper pipe of different diameters one inside the other ran hot antifreeze thru the outside fuel through the inside circulated it through the tank through wrapped oversize lines.He had no more gelled fuel fuel problems.

I think that is the hose inside a hose, is great for wvo. I have it on My truck and it sure helps raise the temps a couple degrees.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin