cheap C-350 gasser CL find

TBigLug

I Miss U Baby Girl
Reaction score
I hate to tell him but you're not gonna get $1,500 a piuece for the axles. At best $800 for the front and less than half that for the rear. Unless their market is a WHOLE lot better than mine! lol

Silver91Hatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CL is full of Barrett Jackson watchers, lol. I went to look at an F-250 near me for $1500. I got there and its a Custom F-250, no headliner, strip-o truck. 7.3 5 speed. The guy had torn the dash out and the engine apart trying to fix an electrical issue and a fuel leak. The injector were spread through his yard, hood off, been raining for days and the dash wiring was all done with speaker wire and wire nuts... The moron wouldn't budge from $1500. I offered him $400 to tow it off and he laughed in my face. He said "The engine is $6000 from Ford, call and find out." I didn't have the heart to tell him thats one that WILL TURN OVER, not full of water and stuck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
***:eek:He used a centurion as a plow truckcookoo

No kidding.cookoo That's like using a S-class Mecedes to run the "rubb'n is rac'n" poorboy class at the local dirtrack races. Why ruin a gem when a **** will do the job nicey in the 1st place.:rolleyes:

Heath

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I saw one at a junkyard a while ago. It was a F350 chassis cab 4x4 dually with the 460 engine and a bad transmission. I wanted to buy the whole thing off him for the axles, as dually 4x4 axles are a little hard to find. So I ask how much for the whole thing as is.

$3500

He said the axle was worth 1500 in front, 700 in back plus 700 for the engine and the frame and cab - which was all rusted to hell.

Unbelievable - this guy had an opportunity to get quick money from something he bought and instead likely still has it sitting there except for the axle. Nobody likes those 460's anymore - too thirsty.