changed injector pump now flashing od L

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so today I changed my injector pump, on my 93 f250 7.3 with e40d and banks turbo. Changing the pump went pretty smoothly but now I have a flashing od light, and it goes into lockup mode sometimes but not all the time, I already checked the tach sensor and its all okay and was replaced recently, and I have replaced the speed sensor recently too, so I am not sure, anyone have any ideas?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey.we just did the same thing,to the same basic truck today (minus the turbo on mine though)
i had that too right after i set the TPS.so i turned the truck off(i never drive my truck with OD flashing light.i fix whatever is wrong right on the spot-not that,thats a common problem or anything however.just saying;thats ******* the trans-late banging hard shifts and vast other ******* trans problems) and that cleared it right up.
i just took her out for a little test drive and she's going pretty nice.
what did you set your TPS at?

if you haven't adjusted it yet.it's pretty easy,and only takes a min or two:
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4134

you did know to transfer that over from your old pump to your new one right?
(little time consuming,but not horrible.those two bolts are T25 btw.)

Last edited:

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did transfer it, but i just bolt it on I didnt really think about setting it in a certain spot

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now to see if our fuel economy goes up!
have you been getting decent economy?
mines been going south for a few months now.im really hoping this was the most of my problem.
i didn't drive mine around much yet,but it sure did feel smoother running.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The tps needs to be set to between .96 volts to 1.2 volts. Never allow 5 volts at wide open throttle settings. That will cause the computer to shut down and you will be in limp home mode. The od lite will be flashing too. The voltage setting is done with the ignition key on but engine off and at the idle position. Hopefully this is how you set the voltage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online