Changed fuel filter and bled injectors won't start

TorchMadness

Reaction score
I did a full fluid service last night including changing the fuel filter and my 1989 IDI won't start. I filled the new filter with fuel and also bled the injector lines still won't start. I had zero issues before this filter change.

TorchMadness

Reaction score
Man you guys are lucky! No crap just posted this and the diesel gods must have been watching turned right over

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
.Sometimes we just need to back away and let time handle things. Its amazing how some things fix themselves. you probably were very close to a start too. If you had an electric lift pump instead of the mechanical lift pump this would have started right up. might have stumbled a bit but when an electric pump fills and bleeds the filter. you are ready to start and run. Just do not ever install and run an electric and mechanical pump at the same time. The pushed fuel to the mechanical pump has ripped the diaphragm and filled the crankcase with fuel. the in tuen ruins the bearings really fast.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always put my filter on empty.it takes 20 continued seconds of cranking to get it to start. It will clatter a few seconds then smooth out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online