CDR Valve and how much oil should be coming out

Omnious

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am in the process of adding a new air induction for my 94 IDI factory turbo. I had planned on converting my CDR to run as a RDT instead of going back into the intake. Well sunday i had to move the truck before i had a chance to put the RDT on and found that my CDR is spitting oil, much more then i would have thought. My turbo and intake manifold have oil spots on them from the valve and enough oil came out to smoke a little when it this the exhaust manifold. Dont get me wrong, this is spots not a stream.

Once i put the RDT on i shouldnt have a problem in the engine compartment, but i also do not want to spray my entire trucks underside with oil or my trailer when i am towing. What are your thoughts and is this much oil typical.

Also, has any one thought of having some kind of oil collection device at the end of the RDT instead of have it vent to atmosphere?

Thank you in advance.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rdt running from my valve cover to a catch can with steel wool packed in it. It works pretty well.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If you feel your pushing out too much oil maybe try some Auto RX treatments. It may clean up the engine too. But it its not slowing down the oil bypass then at least the engine will be clean when you do a valve job or rebuild.

Omnious

Reaction score
Its not that i feel it is to much, i just wasnt expecting oil. Just gases coming from the valve cover.