CDR Valley Pan Grommet Diameter

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't that coolant hose? Napa lists NBH 602 as EPDM which is not compatible with dyno oil or diesel.

Are you leaving the CDR in its' present location? If not, can't you use the original metal tube to clamp to? If you are leaving it in the present location, can you find a PCV elbow to go into that grommet? That grommet in the above thread fits my 1994 Cherokee 6 cylinder. Unfortunately, the outlet on the elbow is much smaller than the inlet.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Isn't that coolant hose? Napa lists NBH 602 as EPDM which is not compatible with dyno oil or diesel.

Well, crapcrap, dgr. Guess when I get heavy-duty parts from the NAPA warehouse on Northgate, guess I should talk with a heavy-duty counter person, eh?

Only 300 miles on that 602 hose so far, so I think I'm OK for the moment.... but I'll pop my inside doghouse cover tomorrow and see how that hose is holding up. Can't be any worse than when my CDR donut was not in position:

You must be registered for see images attach

EDIT: Hydro-idi sent me a pic of an adapter fitting, which fits on the official Ford hose, and adapts it to the grommet. Possibly the "early" version of this setup; the later being the one-piece grommet and tube??? Not finding this pic at the moment; will try to find it from an earlier thread.......

Last edited:

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Found the pic. Apologies to the unknown original author, but using it here as an illustration.

The piece at far left appears to be the piece that adapts the "correct' hose to the grommet. Guess I'm going to be looking for one now, LOL!

Thanks again to dgr. Have edited my previous posts and threads about the NAPA 602 hose to NOT suggest its use.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be fine for quite a while. It will get soft and swollen like the heater hose under my valve cover does. They made you buy a foot of it, didn't they? So you should have a few replacements. Maybe they have some 1" emissions hose?

I did check to see if my original Ford metal tube would fit into the jeep 4.0l PCV grommet. That isn't happening.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the pic. Apologies to the unknown original author, but using it here as an illustration.

The piece at far left appears to be the piece that adapts the "correct' hose to the grommet. Guess I'm going to be looking for one now, LOL!

Thanks again to dgr. Have edited my previous posts and threads about the NAPA 602 hose to NOT suggest its use.

That piece looks almost like plastic? Let me see if I can get my original attachment to show on screen. This is all the parts of the original setup minus the grommet in the valley pan. What isn't obvious in the pic is that above that o-ring is a split plastic ring. I don't see it serving any purpose other than keeping the metal tube from getting cockeyed. The "retainer" on the left which is grommet and tube in one was only $6.29 from fordpartsgiant. Although I would prefer to use the old metal tube for no other reason than it looks more industrial and like it was meant to last forever, I wouldn't know how to go about finding the parts.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
That piece looks almost like plastic? Let me see if I can get my original attachment to show on screen. This is all the parts of the original setup minus the grommet in the valley pan. What isn't obvious in the pic is that above that o-ring is a split plastic ring. I don't see it serving any purpose other than keeping the metal tube from getting cockeyed. The "retainer" on the left which is grommet and tube in one was only $6.29 from fordpartsgiant. Although I would prefer to use the old metal tube for no other reason than it looks more industrial and like it was meant to last forever, I wouldn't know how to go about finding the parts.

Hmm, that attachment isn't showing up for me, dgr. So, the silver tube is actually metal, not just rubber painted silver? Interesting.

Yeh, I do have the remainder of the foot. I wasn't really panicking about the NAPA hose, but I know I'd need to replace it at some point. Also curious if the hose really was snug enough in the grommet to not leak under crankcase pressure. I do have the luxury of VERY easy access with my E. Doghouse cover off, and the hard-to-reach stuff on the Fs is right there in front of me.

Thanks for the tip on the Ford one-piece hose-and-grommet, also. Way worth it at that price; the foot of hose was like $13?! Duh.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that attachment isn't showing up for me, dgr. So, the silver tube is actually metal, not just rubber painted silver? Interesting.
Thank you for letting me know. Let me see if I can resize it. Mine is definitely metal. I'm pretty sure it is original. Yours looks like it is plastic. A transition to the final design maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online