CDR Problems?

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my rear main seal and valve covers started all leaking about the same time. I tightened down my valve covers, but now my main seal appears to leak worse than ever. Today I was thinking that maybe the CDR was somehow allowing pressure to build up and force oil past all the seals.

I pulled off my intake today and noticed that the intake was covered in oil, and the CDR outlet had a little pool of oil. This should be clean correct?

As far as I know this CDR is original to the truck, so I ordered a new CDR from the dealer.

Any tricks to changing this? There is a lot of crud around the valley pan tube, I'm thinking about unbolting the glow plug controller so that I can access this area a little better.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can take the oil fill cap off while running the engine to see if the CDR is doing its job. I got rid of mine long ago. maybe use some cleaner on the whole area.

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can take the oil fill cap off while running the engine to see if the CDR is doing its job. I got rid of mine long ago. maybe use some cleaner on the whole area.
What am I looking for if I take the oil cap off? Just vapor coming out?