CC pics

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im planning on building a cc 4x4 sometime in the near future and have been debating as to what I want to do for paint.

I was planning on putting an 80-86 front clip on a 87-91 cab. I like that front end and the 87 interior. Has anyone done this? How do the body lines look?

Also, could you guys post pictures of your 80-91 crew cabs. Id like to see what paint jobs are out there.

Thanks
Billy

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the body lines should be fine. The 87-91 cab should be the same lines on the outside as the 80-86. 4X4 would be cool, wish I had that on mine... Maybe next rebuild :sly
Mine's repainted in the original Med Blue Metalic and Silver.

Attachments

• 042606019.jpg
    042606019.jpg
    518.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Ottoparts

Whoa, that was fun!
Reaction score
here are 2 pics of my 89 CC at two different angles. enjoy

Attachments

• my diesel 1.jpg
    my diesel 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 42
  • my diesel 4.jpg
    my diesel 4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 35

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Two of mine, not as pretty as my other '350' yet. The canopy is a factory match, but the overcast sky played havoc on photo #1.

Attachments

• T1.jpg
    T1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 36
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Oh one more thing, I looked at an '86 that had a '94 bed on it.. The cab lines didnt match. The 86 lines were more square and the wheel wells on the 80-86 have an extra body line. When they're side by side, it's quite obvious.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
the body lines are different on the 80-86 and 87-91. physically its the same panel and will bolt up but the 80-86s have a body line about 4" from the bottom. the wheel wells wont match body line wise.

just take a look at Todd C's picture compared to Otto.

DragRag

Reaction score
Ya, the lines are different on the older trucks. If you don't like the brick nose front end convert it to a 92-97 front end. I prefer that front end myself, most people convert to that. Personal preference though for sure.

You must be registered for see images attach

For Sale, your to far away though.

Not for sale, just thought I would post my DD.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both the 80-86 and the 92-97 fronts. Its just not as easy to find the 92 and up. I also dont see to many of the 80-86 cc around me. I also prefer the dashes in the 87-91 over the other dashes. Maybe because its easier to get parts for them.

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like both the 80-86 and the 92-97 fronts. Its just easier to find the 92 and up. I also dont see to many of the 80-86 cc around me. I also prefer the dashes in the 87-91 over the other dashes. Maybe because its easier to get parts for them.

Ya know, I have to agree with ya on the '87-'91 dash, IMHO it's the best of all three setups. I could live with an '80-'86 too, but the '92-'96 is absolutely weird to me, and a total pain to add switches and other stuff to ;) I think you're on the right track with the '80-'86 front clip conversion, it should look pretty sweet, just like Todd's ;Sweet

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm confused :dunno I was sure the lines were the same between the 86 and the 87-91. I know the flare around the wheel wells is different, but what doesn't match up between the cab and bed? I know I put a 94 bed on an 84 years ago, and I thought it matched up other than the wheel wells? :confused:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
OK, I'm confused :dunno I was sure the lines were the same between the 86 and the 87-91. I know the flare around the wheel wells is different, but what doesn't match up between the cab and bed? I know I put a 94 bed on an 84 years ago, and I thought it matched up other than the wheel wells? :confused:

Yes. the body line will match up perfectly. The difference lies between the wheel wells.If you notice, the 80-86 body line does over the wheel well. The 87-97 stops at the wheel well and continues on the other side
Here is my 83 w a 87-97 style bed.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That actually looks pretty good, I never really cared for the fender styles of the 80-86 beds.

I hate cutting up good trucks, but Im not really finding anything that I really like. I can build what I want and do everything right the first time.

I like the 80-86 front clip and the 87-91 dash and interior.

I have a 80-86 core support, just need another truck for the rest

I also have a 90 cc dually for the cab and a 91 cc 4x4 frame to put everything on.

I plan on finding another bed and using the axles and tranny out of my truck to put underneath the one Im building.

I have the front and rear driveshafts for a 5sp tranny but there going with whats left of the dually 4x4 cc Im selling tomorrow. Maybe Ill try and find an overdrive cut the auto cc driveshaft down to fit everything.

I also need another 6.9 to build and stud.

Eventually Ill have all the parts I need, just have to keep collecting trucks.

Todd C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. the body line will match up perfectly. The difference lies between the wheel wells.If you notice, the 80-86 body line does over the wheel well. The 87-97 stops at the wheel well and continues on the other side
Here is my 83 w a 87-97 style bed.

Yeah, that's how I remember it, it's been 11 years since I sold that truck but I remember it looked pretty good with the 94 bed on it.

gonecrazyi: sounds like you're well on your way to a nice truck!:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.