CC 4x4 Anyone???

skintbackfarms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I was up there. Ya'll have all the good trucks. That is about what I am looking for. If anyone has a cc 4x4 7.3 around AL or surround states, plesae let me know, Thanks

rip van sparky

Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind checking it out that would be great. I am 400 miles out so your initial impression on if it would drive that far or not would be great. Might have to bring a truck and trailer, although if it drove that would be easier. thanks

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind checking it out that would be great. I am 400 miles out so your initial impression on if it would drive that far or not would be great. Might have to bring a truck and trailer, although if it drove that would be easier. thanks

Called the guy this morning and have some more details. I guess the truck is a little harder to start in the mornings because it needs new GPs.:dunno Once it's started, it runs fine. I guess it burns a little oil though. The guy said he's sure it will make a 400 mile drive easily as long as you keep keep an eye on the oil. The truck belongs to his nephew in Portland and he drove it over here to Redmond (15 miles north of me) to sell it because he thought that there would be more interest for it here in Central Oregon. Portland is almost about 162 miles from here, so that truck just made an almost 200 mile trip just to get over here. I can run up later today to check it out better. I'm the third caller on it, but the only caller to continue asking questions after hearing it burns some oil. BTW, it has the Dana 60 up front too.;Sweet

sootman73

Reaction score
there is no rust on that! i wish i had a body like that. painting is easy. popping dents and fixing rust not so much.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
notice the 80-86 bed, perhaps it had some bed cancer?

I just talked to the nephew (and the actual owner of the truck). It burns about 1 quart or so every 100 miles. The truck had a flatbed on it and he sold the flatbed off and put a bed from a '85 on it. The truck has a cracked windshield too.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Bump...
Anybody interested? I'm 15 miles away and can go take a closer look.
Mankypro, are you still looking for a CC that you can drop all your goodies into?

rip van sparky

Reaction score
thanks for looking into it, my last idi started doing the oil burning thing shortly before losing a valve, heck of a deal but I'm not ready for a project just yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726