Caterpillar Powered Ford!

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
hmm. looks like a f250 with dually kit.

im interested in how they got the zf6 to fit... can a IDI adapter be used on that engine?

love the gasser v8 air cleaner

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
hmm. looks like a f250 with dually kit.

im interested in how they got the zf6 to fit... can a IDI adapter be used on that engine?

love the gasser v8 air cleaner

look i have a 3208 too :-D hehe

You must be registered for see images attach

rattleonby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. Looks only a lil bit tighter fit than our idi's in there. Littl bit heavier too i imagine. I'd be interested in the adapter too being that the zf6 is a one piece case if im not mistaken?? I know what both the CAT and the zf6 diesel patterns look like. Always can source a local cnc shop y'know?

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealousy is a hell of a thing.... wouldnt be peppy, but im sure it would hold a hill nice. My 4-180 White tractor has a 3208 with unknown hours and its the only diesel ive ever been able to change the oil and it still be clean after starting it. Has a good bit of power too

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
Put many many hours on 3208's in my fleet. A lot of folks didn't like em, I did. They purrrr. 10.8 liters 636 cubic inches of snappy throttle response. Probably snap something in the drivetrain at will if there is traction. 210 hp NA. The pump weighs 50 lbs I bet. The Turbo ones went to 250 hp, but the 225 hp was the best all arond. NO WAY the stock turbo will fit in a pickup though. Been on my to do list since the 1980's as well as a a 4-53T pickup, a Dt360 Ih truck and even a Toro Flow GMC.
More likely I will do a 4bt in a 1/2 ton.

93blklightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had an old F-550 at the quarry , I think it was a 550.... anyway, dual wheel, airbrakes , 2sp rear end , 8sp tranny, full hood(like a big truck) , with a 3208. That old truck was hell to start in the winter , but when she was running ....look out

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On subjects of CAT engines, here is one I like...3116 be nice for our trucks!

But this guy...OMG what a butthead

http://youtu.be/ZJTPFGeOW_k

can you say kill the starter...admits heater doesnt work so should shoot a tad either in there imo

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score

can you say kill the starter...admits heater doesnt work so should shoot a tad either in there imo

Not only that but based on the smoke while going down the road either needs injectors or an in frame (or both more likely)

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
Not only that but based on the smoke while going down the road either needs injectors or an in frame (or both more likely)

Not including its a non-liner engine I don't think any work on that engine is in-frame :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score

http://youtu.be/ZJTPFGeOW_k

It guys like that that cause all of these insane emission regulations that are coming out against our diesels. -cuss

We had one of those at work, she was cold natured, but not that bad.

I want whomever makes his starters to do mine, that BS in that video alone should have melted the windings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online