Cat Delete Questions

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
First of i'm thinking about deleting my Catalytic Converter. I know I've read it before but, what are the benifits of removing it and what are the drawbacks. second off the cat on my truck has a hanger on it. so do they sell a pipe with a hanger to replace it or do i need to fabricate something. any help would be great.

Dan

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get the MBRP turbo back exhaust also order the cat delete pipe. The older systems didn't have the provision for the cat. I have the turoback duals no cat and think the sound is awesome. The upside is it sounds better. the downside none. Keith

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
The guy I bend exhaust for tells me that, on 6.0's, the mileage suffered, when he removed the cat.

Personally I have no idea, but he's pretty sharp on the blue oval binders.

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
What about the hanger that is now attached to the cat can i do with out it since the delete pipe weighs less??

Dan

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, go to DPPI's site the cat test pipe has a hanger on it. I just checked their site to make sure before I spoke up. Keith

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan,

If you havent had the opportunity to deal with Mark Craig at DPPI, this is the perfect time to do so. He will get you the stuff you need. Excellent customer service and top notch merchandise.

Mike

timntools

Chief Runinscissors
Reaction score
check out my sig pics on my 04, I took shots of my cat delete pipe I got from Mark Craig. If you like big wet farts, the cat delete is the way to go. It actually did sound kinda cool next to concrete barriers on the freeway. Mpg might have went down, but only because you spend more time revving it up just to hear it. The idle sound goes way up, sounds like a jet landing. Smells a lil worse. may have lost a lil torque, but minimal. It comes with a hook to go into the existing hanger. Doesn't seet well on the inlet side.

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
triplethreat,

The cat on a diesel is actually a soot trap as opposed to the chemical reaction via heat like on a gasser, just some FYI for you. I woudl suggest you get a system vs just a cat removal, it'll help but not like a performance system will. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

thetonka

Reaction score
If the cat is a soot trap on my 7.3L it's not working very well. :D

triplethreat

AGENT ORANGE
Reaction score
If I did the cat delet with a stock system would there be any more whistle or anything like that. I really can't afford a whole system right now but figured that I would do what I can now.

Dan

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
budtoh3zo said:
The benfits are more free flowing exsust, no cat to plug. The drawbacks, cant think of one as long as u dont live in california.

There's no diesel inspection out here in Ca., my cat fell off when I was wheelin' and haven't seen it since. Muffler delete is next ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
triplethreat said:
If I did the cat delet with a stock system would there be any more whistle or anything like that. I really can't afford a whole system right now but figured that I would do what I can now.

Dan

Dan,

The short sweet answer is YES.