Cat Delete Questions

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my 04 with the turboback duals no cat. Sounds like a F16. Going through tunnels next to a ricer with a tincan exhaust and nailing the go pedal is priceless. Keith

seagravedriver

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Dan,

The short sweet answer is YES.

I saw an add for a dual exhaust 6.0, (before I was aware of this site), and it had a LOUD whistle. I have been to many airshows, and the thing sounded like an F-15/F-16 on the taxiway. Next to the power, THATS what I am looking for. I prolly would not buy one that did not offer the "whistle". The gentleman who is a site sponser, was it just diffrent audio quality of your video? Or is it just a system done diffrently, that ends up with a diffrent sound? Craig

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seagravedriver said:
I saw an add for a dual exhaust 6.0, (before I was aware of this site), and it had a LOUD whistle. I have been to many airshows, and the thing sounded like an F-15/F-16 on the taxiway. Next to the power, THATS what I am looking for. I prolly would not buy one that did not offer the "whistle". The gentleman who is a site sponser, was it just diffrent audio quality of your video? Or is it just a system done diffrently, that ends up with a diffrent sound? Craig

Craig, I have the older version of the MBRP turboback duals. It didn't keep the cat. The newer version keeps the cat in the system. From what I've heard the cat cuts the whistle and loudness down. I just installed 6" slash cut tips that I got from Mark. Man does that look :thumbsup: . Keith

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
seagravedriver,

Yes you will to a point. The 2003's had a different turbo impeller than the 2004/05's, it whistles more stock or with an exhaust system installed. If you want max whistle get one of our systems with a cat test pipe and maybe if that doesn't get you enough whistle get the muffler delete too!

Mark @ DPPI

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
ktpauley,

Hey glad you like them I have been thinking about adding them to my truck too! Pop a pic up for us if you get a chance.

Mark @ DPPI

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Craig said:
ktpauley,

Hey glad you like them I have been thinking about adding them to my truck too! Pop a pic up for us if you get a chance.

Mark @ DPPI

Mark,

If the weather is nice tomorrow at our get together I'll be takinig pics and posting them. You wouldn't believe the difference in looks from a 5" straight cut to the 6" slash cut. Keith

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ktpauley said:
Mark,

If the weather is nice tomorrow at our get together I'll be takinig pics and posting them. You wouldn't believe the difference in looks from a 5" straight cut to the 6" slash cut. Keith
Mark,
I added some pics of those big 6" tips to my Webshots. They are on page 3. Keith

Last edited:

Mark Craig

Advertising Sponsor
Reaction score
KTPauley,

Wow those do look good, I guess I am going to have to surrender and get some on my truck too!

Mark @ DPPI

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they look a whole lot better than the 5" straight cut tips. Just don't blame me for you spending the money for them. Keith

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online