Cant get 7.3 IDI to idle under 900 RPM

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just showing what to look for. In the second pic, if that Y shaped that's on the throttle shaft is still on there since you have a manual trans. it could have slipped and holding the throttle open.

There is a possibility that the Throttle shaft actuator has slipped on the shaft (where the cable attaches).

Attachments

• DVC01381.JPG
    DVC01381.JPG
    276.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DVC01376.JPG
    DVC01376.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 29
  • IP IDLE SCREW.jpg
    IP IDLE SCREW.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 30

dawgsfan08

Reaction score
Ok so I fixed the leak around fuel heater plug. Yet issue Stoll remains. Also the truck sometimes surges at idle and is really rough. I thought fixin g my fuel leak would solve this but no luck.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so I fixed the leak around fuel heater plug. Yet issue Stoll remains. Also the truck sometimes surges at idle and is really rough. I thought fixin g my fuel leak would solve this but no luck.
have you done the most basic step yet? change the fuel filter to determine if you filter is clogged or not.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dirty filter, timing, etc, will NOT fix your problem. What is most likely happening here is a worn metering valve, and you have fuel sneaking around the valve and getting to the head. If the truck used to idle properly, and no longer does, it is unfortunately just a factor of wear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online