Can I Stuff the Engine with Turbo in place?

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I have the front clip removed so I'm poking the engine in straight up and over the X-member from the front, can I leave the ATS/Ford (093) Turbo, Feed Pipe & "Y" Pipe installed? If not, how much of the system can I leave on the engine while stuffing it? I intend on having the Pressure Plate installed as well.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I did. You have to be super careful of the wiring/ vacuum lines running across the top of the firewall as it's easy for the turbo to snag them. Just go slow and make sure nothing is hitting

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well let me clarify. I had the turbo on. None of the exhaust was in place. I would think you would have crossmemeber problems?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did. but I also cheated. I lifted the body off the frame 4". that made all the difference in the world;Sweet

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the pressure plate can stay But I cant vouche for the turbo exhaust. I hope it will work cause I am about to pull mine in a week or two..

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I know you said ATS but for all you Banks guys the photo below is how I put mine in. Turbo, and up manifold installed. Down pipe was attached to the exhaust so that stayed in the truck. Crossover pipe was left off. One suggestion is to remove the wiper motor as this was the only thing that intefered with the install. Also I didn't remove any of the front end, just radiator and crank pulleys. A/C lines and P/S lines never disconnected, accessories just unbolted and held aside.

You must be registered for see images attach