Reaction score
37s fit just on my stock setup with the 96 front end though
they should fit the slantnose too with a little persuadeing of the inner fender
i had to bend the inside tabs in so it would clear on bump

BUT you dont even have a bumper and the 80 fenders are completely different

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Im wish MEL would post on the subject. He had a body lift and some sort of suspension to clear his 37s on his 83

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Brad,

If I remember right... I believe the Moose Truck has a 2" body and 4" Suspension lift. It may be 2 and 2, but I think 2 and 4 is correct....

86truckpull

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ik i need a lift kit thats not the subject i wanted to knw it i could stuff them on the truck for a month or two until i can get one

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they will fit no bumper or trimmed bumper and a little bending of the inner lip on the fender
it will be mad close too close for comfort but it does work
and just for anyone wondering the wheel wheel arch is close enough to work but if you are that convinced the slantnose is different hold them up together the slant nose has a larger wheel well so know youre facts cause i had 37s on a gasser slantnose before with bent inner lip and we cut the bumper a bit but if it was spaced foward an inch it would work too so get some washers
or just throw one on and see before yall say wont happen just cause it aint been done

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i had 38x12.5s on a 89 bronco stock height. hell yea they rubbed, but beating the hell outa the truck on the dirt bike track was a blast. no, the fenders didnt survive. first bump and the tires ate em.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
ik i need a lift kit thats not the subject i wanted to knw it i could stuff them on the truck for a month or two until i can get one

If you're willing to cut, you can fit some pretty good size tires with a Sawzall and a BFH. Just sayin' is all :D Alot depends on wheel offset and backspacing, etc. as far as spring and innner fender rub. With the last few 4x4's I've owned, I've cut and hammered to make way for big tires with little or no lift for stability off road and stock handling on-road. If you cut and hammer now, it might not give you the look you want when you lift the truck. Or, go the cheep route, body lift it! Less moolah, less work. OR....buy the tires, take 'em home and store 'em until you can get the lift installed.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Ok. Enough with all the BS. YES The tire will PHYSICALLY fit on the truck.
BUT the first turn or bump you hit and say GOODBYE to your fenders. So just hold off on the tires UNTILL you get a minimum of 4" lift.

And for everyone saying they will fit,****. The fenders will require so much "massaging" it is not even funny to fit 37s and no lift. Then when he does lift it, he will have to replace his BUTCHERED fenders

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey brad u see my pics they fit and the fenders dont look any different also 37s on a leafsprung idi wont contact fender unless ur bumpstops r missing i got 1/2 between spring and stop so you **** look you dont know everything trust me
but im off this thread believe what you all want

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
since he is off this thread now and not replying to it, can i just say i dont like tom. still waiting to see a decent thing come from him or his truck. just alot talk so far.

opps, did i say that outloud?

they WILL hit on a 250. 350 you could just barely get buy if u have the correct backspacing and run pizza cutters. highly doubt a 37x12.5 will clear everything.

on my 86, i made 35's rub with no lift. but thats with a different style fender.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats with you guys trashing eachother like a bunch of children would. You can disagree and still be nice to your fellow idi brothers.

Grow up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online