can a 6.2 replace a 6.5t? how practical?

sak778

Reaction score
Greetings Friends,
I have a 94 gmc 2500 with a 6.5T 4l80e 4x4. Can i put a 6.2 out of an 80's suburban into it? What will I have to reuse? I know i need to keep the electronic injection pump with the pmd, shorter injectors and lines and manifolds and intake.
Will the 6.2 work with the turbo? will all my accessories bolt on? My 6.5 block is broke/missing around the starter bolts. Thats how I got it. Yes a have got the bolt on brace.
Any other options I should look at? I'm new to the 6.2's and 6.5t's but i've had a 7.3 powerstroke and a 6.9 idi ford.
What are the differences between an 83 and an 87 6.2na? these are my choices to replace my 94 6.5t. The 6.5t in my truck is also doing the dissappearing coolant trick. Soooo I'm thinking thad one or both of my heads are cracked.
Soooo is using the 6.2 heads out of the question? I just got laid off so money is tight. But I also bought a used tested pmd and a new extension cabel so I can get it off the intake manifold. So I will spend money where it's needed. suggestions, reccomendations? Thanks, Sean

YMMV