Camshaft thrust plate

Robm45497

Reaction score
For the camshaft thrust plate is there anything like a shim or thrust washer to take up the extra space or clearance.
I found this thin shim? And I'm wondering where it goes in a7.3L idi 94 turbo if anyone knows thank you
You must be registered for see images attach

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, IIRC, there was plenty of clearance on that thrust plate last time I took off a cam.
I'm assuming that's so there's no dragging even with tolerance on the bolts and where the cam is - remember, side to side will be handled by the cam bearings, that only keeps it from going in/out.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
No shim used with the cam thrust plate. I have no idea where that would go. I don't remember ever seeing one of those before. Are you sure that it came out of your engine?

Robm45497

Reaction score
Thanks, cam thrust plate made more sense when I got the spacer,fuel pump cam and gear on. I'm wondering if it could have come off the thermostat or something. It was in my bolt bin from when I dismantled the motor. The motor has been apart for about a year. My heads where junk and took a while to find good heads. After I found useable heads then I ordered parts from R&d . I then had problem getting pistons and had to wait for about 4 months. I drop the motor off at the machine shop about 2 to 3 weeks before the pistons came in to get in line and hope they would start on sleeves or something and that took about 3 months . Now finally have almost all assembled

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online