Cam swap with it?

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
Now that I have my 7.3 out of my 88 and beginning to prepare it for the 92 f350 crew cab to replace the 460. I'm putting the turbo I have on it it's a he351cw non Vgt from a cummins. May have to build a custom manifold. Any way is a swap for a more turbo friendly cam and maybe some comp 910 springs I hear are good. Where do I purchase a cam and the price? Anyone got a company like Crower to regrind a stock cam? I have a valve spring height gauge and a pressure tester what kind of seat and open pressure we looking at here. Also planing on a 6.2 gm governor spring for the pump to help it pull hard up higher.. Not a drag truck and I know it will never be but looking for a bit more power and more fun to drive. Will be pulling a gooseneck hauling my truck pull truck with this one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Adding a cam and a turbo you might want to add head studs too for the extra clamping insurance. ARP is what we use but R&D sells a stud kit too. Have you replaced the oil cooler o rings yet. No better time to do that when the engine is out of the rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726