C-6/E40D Upgrade

Revelstoke

Reaction score
Awright, all. I've been reading, researching, talking to anyone who would, so now I'm setting up to do a C-6 to E40D conversion. I'm going to be talking to Brian's Truck Stop about a tranny. I'm going with the Bauminator.....so, a BUILT E4od, a complimentary, "plug and play" Bauman. David has been so kind as to post his experience and give some advice. Anyone out there have anything to say (constructive)? I'm a'listening.

Thanks

PS:
Forgot to mention: I spent a great deal of time and $ this summer installing an oversize cooler and fan(Temp gauge in the cab) . Still have to iron out the fan switch, as the one I have from TCI is problematic.Also: How about the flywheel? I'm going to get a beefy TC, to protect my investment. Will the new Torque Converter and E4OD marry up to it? I'm having this done, as I'm out of time, and my shop is 130 miles north of me (I'm in the city for a while). Gonna need to be wheels down by spring and all.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
If I were to do an E4OD swap, thats the exact route I would take. Bauman controller + BTS tranny/torque converter, and your set to go. Dont forget to add a tranny cooler, and a tranny temp gauge ;Sweet

Revelstoke

Reaction score
Sweet Truck, Ford Guy

That picture of your truck sure looks like it was taken in the Pacific NW or up north. Sweet lookin truck.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was researching the same thing before I decided to put it off - e40d is ~4" longer, so you're in for some driveshaft and x-member work.

Also, Baumann has apparently discontinued and replaced the Bauminator:

http://www.optishift.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online