Bypass filter

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running the Harvard oil bypass filter, here tell the oil is like it came out of the can after 10,000 miles. Removes all soot as well to less than 1 micron heavy metals. Probaly will try one and will keep all informed
Geno

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds good, but is it overkill.... You really have to trust your synthetic to run it for over 10K unless you are on the road all the time...???

Whit

Reaction score
10k is a cake walk for syn oil, analysis always says mine is still good but I still dump it at 10K, I do a filter at 5k too. I am concerened with the amount of soot that doesnt get picked up by the filters, I currently run an Amsoil BE-100 (I think)slip stream and I know it is filtering my oil down to 2 micron but I can turn new oil black within a few hundred miles. I have read that the toiltpaper filters will take the soot out, I think this would be good to install upstream of my pollish filter that way if any paper were to get loose the pollish filter would trap it.

Cheers, Kevin

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess you feel the same way I so... Its hard to trust oil atter 10K... That may be cause Synthetic is new to me.... But, the question is....... Is the cost of the system cheaper than changing your oil every 10K.... Thats all going to depend on how long you keep you truck and how much you drive.... For normal trucks... The cost don't outway the benifit...IMO

Whit

Reaction score
I plan on this truck being my last one so I want to do everything I can to make it right, goal 1 million miles, hope I live long enough to see it LOL

Cheers, Kevin

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see 1 million miles on your motor... Just a matter of how many trucks it in in that time...LOL

Geno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
harvardcorp.com
They have 3 different lengths in a spin on style is the ones I was looking at
Geno

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance