BUYING IDI V2

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dana 44 is still a fine axle. Not quite as heavy as the Dana 50 used in some of the 4x4 F-250s in the same vintage, but I have no complaints.
I'm up in Idaho where we have snow, and it does work just fine. My one truck with a 44, a single-cab '88, was used heavily this winter by my friend who's vehicle got wrecked, and the 4x4 got him around.

CheckYourBuffer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
y
Dana 44 is still a fine axle. Not quite as heavy as the Dana 50 used in some of the 4x4 F-250s in the same vintage, but I have no complaints.
I'm up in Idaho where we have snow, and it does work just fine. My one truck with a 44, a single-cab '88, was used heavily this winter by my friend who's vehicle got wrecked, and the 4x4 got him around.
yeag

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worrie about little details, you can always upgrade later, most truck of these years are always going to need some kind of work. As long as it runs and drives reasonable it should be alright. Ask about maintainance is most important

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting that it's a solid axle at all? The OP said he found out it's a Dana 44; presumably that means it's a TTB.

If folks were thinking it was Dana 60 based on the wheel well spacing, it looks to me like the tires are undersize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online